HABIS CAKES AND CHOPS

FOR THE MOST SCRUMPTIOUS CAKES AND CHOPS EVER, ADD HABIS CAKES AND CHOPS ON BB 24ED2466 AND FOLLOW ON TWITTER @habiscc TO PLACE YOUR ORDERS! WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES!

Sunday 23 June 2013

WHAT'S YOUR ISLAMIC BIRTHDAY?

Every 17th of Dhul Hijjah, I wake up to birthday texts from my mum. My siblings also receive a notification from her that the day was my birthday and they shouldn't forget to send me a wish. To her, every 17th dhulhijjah is my birthday and she cares less about the gregorian equivalent. She maintains that as Muslims we should not do away with our identity, and in as much as our certificates bear the gregorian dates, we should nonetheless know our Islamic dates and celebrate same. Thanks to her calculations and timely reminders, even spouses aren't spared, we are all conversant with our dates.

How about you? Do you know your Islamic birthday? Let the comments flow!
Salam aleykum..

1 comment:

  1. YES I DO,U WON'T BELIEVE IT,UR MOM MADE ME CHECK IT WITH HER,ITS 14TH OF RAMADAN, AM REALLY HAPPY TO KNOW IT.

    ReplyDelete